In the spirit of transparency and communication, monthly Feature Updates act as a public change log for all new features, updates, modifications, patches, and anything else new to this site.
These updates are published regularly at the end of every month and they contain a high-level description of dated updates made throughout the month.
Here’s what’s new this month:
November 26, 2018
- Layout – Added some conditional logic so that the container element for the breadcrumb navigation would not be rendered if no breadcrumbs are present.
- Layout – Removed the gutter from sidebars so they would not overlap main content on some smaller devices.
November 25, 2018
- Layout – Fixed the duplicate headers on the Author pages. This removed the default page header in favor of personalized author headers.
November 22, 2018
- Layout– A collapsible sidebar was added to hold main sidebar navigation links. The new sidebar and it’s toggle button will only appear on pages if it is enabled and contains content.
November 21, 2018
- Layout– Sidebars were made narrower so the main content has more room to be displayed.
November 20, 2018
- Utilities – The mail settings were updated and outage issues were resolved.
- Utilities – The build system settings were corrected and deploy issues were resolved. Note that this is a fix specifically put in place to fix issues with Windows development environments, but the same workflow can be applied to Mac and Linux environments as well.
- Release – The first release of the new cycle was completed successfully, but with some build issues. Note that while
yarn buildcompiles and minifies all files as expected,
Final Release: 30/11/2018